Raquel Ureña, email@example.com,
Researcher ID F-9894-2016, ORCID 0000-0002-4099-7437
Marie Curie Individual Fellow |De Montfort University, Institute of Artificial Intelligence, IAI, Oct. 2017- Sep. 2019 | Leicester, UK
Project DeciTrustNET: This research proposal aims to create a novel mathematical and computational framework for trust based social choice in networks and with uncertain knowledge by merging multiple individuals’ preferences in an adaptive manner to reduce the disagreements among them, and automatically seek a decision or provide a precise and personalized recommendation with a maximal trust. The proposed approach is being applied in e-health and e-marketing environments.
PROFESIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Visitant Researcher, University Bordeaux, Laboratoire Bodelais de Recherché Informatique| Jun. 2017- Sep. 2017 | Bodeaux, France
Assistant Professor (Interin), UNIVERSITY OF CÁDIZ, Dept. Informatics| Oct. 2016- Sep. 2017 | Cádiz, Spain
PostDoc researcher and Teaching assistant, UNIVERSITY OF GRANADA, Dept. Computer Science and A.I | Feb. 2016- Sep. 2016 | Granada, Spain
PhD Student, Sci2s Research Group, Dept. Computer Science and A.I, University of Granada (Jan 2012- Nov 2015), PhD Thesis: Dealing with incomplete information in fuzzy group decision making processes. Supervisors: Prof. Enrique Herrera-Viedma & Francisco Chiclana , highly cited researchers
Software engineer (Knowledge transfer collaboration), MICROSOFT Development Center Norway| Jun.-Sep 2015 | Oslo, Norway
Member of the scrum team, Developing new features in Android for the Delve Mobile App, developing JUNIT test for the developed features using Mockito.
Visitant Researcher, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Signal and Image Processing Institute | Sep.-Dec 2014 | Los Angeles, CA, USA Supervisor: Jerry Mendel,
Developing a new hybrid recommender system to capture the uncertainty in the users’ preferences using perceptual computing approaches. Implementation in R.
EMEA ANDROID CAMPER, GOOGLE | July-August 2014 | London, UK,
Lead a team of four campers to create PoolUp an Android App for car pooling under the supervision of Prof. Ran Nachmany and Google engineers from the Android team.• The developed app won the EMEA Google Android Camp Hackathon 2014.
Visitant Researcher, DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, Centre of Computational Intelligence| Jun- Sep 2012 | Leicester, UK , Supervisor: Francisco Chiclana
PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Prestigious Marie Curie Individual Fellowship in 2016, MSCA-IF-2016- DeciTrustNET-746398,
- Award for the quality and the impact of the my research, Higher Technical School of Computer Sciences and Telecommunications Engineering, May 2016
- Award for the Quality and the impact of my research in High impact Companies, Higher Technical School of Computer Sciences and Telecommunications Engineering, May 2015
- Best app award EMEA Google Android Camp, Google London, Jul. 2014
FUNDING RECEIVED SO FAR
- Marie Curie Individual Fellow, MSCA-IF-EF-2016 DeciTrustNET-746398, 183454.80 Euros
- Research Grant for Three months research visit at University of Bordeaux, Awarded by University of Cadiz, 2730 Euros
- Research Grant for Three months research visit at University of Southern California, USC, USA, Awarded by the University of Granada, Sep-Dec 2014. (3700 euros)
- FPU PhD Grant, Awarded by the Spanish minister of education each year to the best graduates in Spain, (Only 20 grants for computer Science in the whole country), four years paid to pursue my PhD. 2011
- Excellence PhD Grant , Awarded by the Andalusia Government each year to the best graduates in Andalucía, (Only 3 grants for computer Science in the whole region), four years paid to pursue my PhD studies 2012
- Best student collaboration grant (3000 Euros) Institute of bio-engineering, University Miguel Hernandez, UMH, Elche, Spain, Jul. 2009-Dec 2009.
- Best student initiation to the research grant (1500 euros) University of Granada (UGR) Jun 2008-May 2009